You can cancel your provisional registration by login at GST portal with required credentials. If you have been registered under VAT or Service tax or Central Excise tax regime then you should have received your Provisional ID and password. In case you have not logged GST Portal even once then you can also cancel your Provisional Registration at GST portal. Now, the question is that ‘How you can cancel your Registration with GST?”. So, the explanation of this question is given below. You will need to follow the below steps to cancel your Provisional Registration at GST portal.
Steps to cancel Provisional Registration at GST Portal
- First of all, visit the official web portal of GST which is “gstgov.co.in”. The GST Homepage will be displayed.
- Then, click the “Login” button available in the top right-hand corner of the GST portal Home page.
- The GST “Login page” will be displayed. Simply, click the “here link” given in the instruction at the login page bottom that says “First time login: If you are logging in for the first time, then click here to login”.
- The “NewUser Login Page” will be Now, you will need to provide your Provisional ID / GSTIN/ UIN details. Enter the Provisional ID/ GSTIN/ UIN that you have received your e-mail address.
- Now, in the “Password” area, type the password that you have received on your e-mail address.
- In the “Type the characters you see in the image below” box, you will need to type the captcha text that displayed in the box.
- Then, click the “Log in”
- Once you click the login button, the “New Credentials” page will be displayed. Here, you will need to enter “New Username” which you want to create to log in to the GST Portal.
- Then, create “New Password” of your choice.
- Re-Confirm Password by typing it again.
- Then, click the “SUBMIT”
- On successful submission, a confirmation message will be displayed that “Username and the Password have been successfully created.
- Now, you can log in to the GST Portal by using your login credentials.
- Type your “Username” and the “Password” that you have created.
- Then, type the characters/ image/ captcha text as shown on the screen.
- Now, click the “Log in”
- After this, you can click the link “Cancellation of Provisional Registration”.
- Accept T&C/ checkbox of declaration and click the “SUBMIT”
- Then, you will see a warning message that “once it is submitted, Provisional Registration will be canceled & migrated taxpayer will not able to retrieve Provisional Registration. Read this message and click the “PROCEED”
- Now, you will get a message that “Your Provisional Registration is canceled”.
- You will need to click the “OK”
- And finally, you can get a confirmation of the cancellation by checking your Provisional ID status. To check the status of your provisional ID, you can click the Search Taxpayer>> > Search Migrated Taxpayer option available in the top-bar of the GST Home Page.
Note: This webpage is dedicated to the “How to cancel my Provisional Registration at GST Portal”. So, you can bookmark this page and visit again later to get latest updates.
To Know more about Income Tax Filing visit – http://incometaxlogin.co.in/